Heath, Henry, active 1824-1850, My Lord Mayor's album, or, Cockney sports , 
My Lord Mayor's album, or, Cockney sports : the first of September.
- Additional Title(s):
My Lord Mayor's album
- London : Published by I.B. Brooks, 9, New Bond Street, 
- Physical Description:
-  leaves : color illustrations ; 24 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC1479.H43 M95 1835Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 390
"Printed by Lefevre & Kohler, 52 Newman St."--Plates.
Date of publication from Podeschi.
Lithographs in the text are erratically numbered.
Lithographs are printed on paper of various grades and colors and are accompanied by tissue guards.
Podeschi, J.B. Books on the horse and horsemanship, 148
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in contemporary half leather and brown boards. The printed date is erased from the title page. Plates are closely trimmed, with frequent loss of text.
Includes 27 humorous scenes, including frontispiece and illustrated title page. Six of the scenes have a fox-hunting theme. A passage of comic dialogue is lettered at foot of every illustration.
- Subject Terms:
- Brookes, I. B. -- Publisher.Caricatures and cartoons.English wit and humor, Pictorial.Fox hunting -- Humor.Lefevre & Kohler -- Printer.Satire, English.Sports -- Great Britain -- Caricatures and cartoons.Sports -- Humor.
- Satires (Visual works) -- England -- 1835.
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1835.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.