To China and back : being a diary kept, out and home / by Albert Smith.
- Additional Title(s):
At head of front cover: Handbook to Mr. Albert Smith's entertainment
- [London] : Published for the author, and to be had of Messrs. Chapman & Hall, 193, Piccadilly, at the Egyptian Hall ..., 1859.
- Physical Description:
- , ii, , 6-72 pages,  leaf of plates : color illustrations ; 22 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDS709 .S65 1859Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "Price one shilling"
With wood-engraved frontispiece: "Howqua's Garden, Near Canton."
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary quarter calf and marbled boards. Bookplate: Henry Baird Leete. Original printed paper wrappers bound in. Includes advertisements, 14 pages at end, not included in pagination.
- Subject Terms:
- Amusements -- Great Britain -- 19th century.China -- Description and travel.Leete, Henry Baird -- Bookplate.Smith, Albert, 1816-1860.Travel literature.Voyages and travels.
- Wood engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1859.
Engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1859.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.