IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Forester, Frank, 1807-1858, The tricks and traps of horse dealers , 1858
The tricks and traps of horse dealers / by Frank Forester ; Part I.
- New York : Dinsmore and Company, 1858.
- Physical Description:
- 70 p. : ill. ; 16 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsHV6698.N5 T75 1858Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- "There is no evidence that ... [the] second part was ever issued."--Van Winkle, W.M. Henry William Herbert ... 1936, p. 67.
With wood-engraved illustrations by Holcomb-Davis, after (Augustus?) Hoppin.
With a frontispiece portrait of the author.
"Number 5. 10 cents"--Cover.
Podeschi, J.B. Books on the horse and horsemanship, 194
Publisher's advertisements on back of front cover and on front and back of back cover.
BAC: British Art Center copy in original light green paper wrappers printed in black.
Instructions on how to identify and avoid swindlers and swindling in the horse trade.
- Subject Terms:
- Forester, Frank, 1807-1858 -- Portraits.Horse dealers -- New York (State) -- New York.Swindlers and swindling -- New York (State) -- New York.
- Publishers' advertisements.
Wood engravings -- 1858.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.