Transatlantic sketches, or, Sixty days in America, 1865
- Transatlantic sketches, or, Sixty days in America.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Transatlantic sketches
Sixty days in America
- London : Sampson Low, Son & Co., Ludgate Hill, 1865.
- Physical Description:
- 34 pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 28 x 38 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsE167 .T73 1865+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Added engraved title page.
Includes illustrations of the Lincoln assassination and of the funeral procession in New York.
Lithographs printed by Maclure Macdonald & Macgregor.
Lib. Company. Afro-Americana, 10387
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original illustrated boards, with purple cloth spine.
- Subject Terms:
- African Americans -- Pictorial works.Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 -- AssassinationMaclure Macdonald & Macgregor -- Printer.United States -- Description and travel -- 19th century.United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865.United States -- Social life and customs -- 19th century -- Pictorial works.
- Travel literature -- United States -- 19th century.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.