Hobson's fox-hunting atlas [cartographic material] : containing separate maps of every county in England, and the three ridings of Yorkshire; comprising forty-two maps, showing the roads, railways, canals, parks, etc., etc. / compiled from the maps of the board of ordnance, and other surveys, by J. and C. Walker.
- Additional Title(s):
- London : Published by J. and C. Walker, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 atlas ( p.,  leaves of plates) : 42 maps (colored) ; 36 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsG1815 .H63 1848+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale [ca. 1:150,000]
- Date of publication from Podeschi.
List of geographical atlases in the Library of Congress, no. 290
Podeschi, J.B. Books on the horse and horsemanship, 181
British Museum. Catalogue of printed maps, charts and plans, 1855
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in original red half-morocco and red cloth. Inscribed: George Fenwick, Arthur Godman, May 1876.
- Subject Terms:
- England -- Maps.Fenwick, George -- Autograph, May 1876.Fox hunting -- England.Godman, Arthur -- Autography, May 1876.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.J. and C. Walker -- Publisher.
- Atlases -- England -- 1848.
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1848.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.