The great ones.
- [Lexington, Ky] : [The Blood-Horse], 
- Physical Description:
- VIII, 327 p.,  leaves of plates : ill., ports. ; 33 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF338 .G74 1970+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Publication information from p. VIII.
Introduction by Kent Hollingsworth, "editor."
Foreword by Whitney Tower.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in quarter brown cloth, and red hopsack covers. Presentation copy to Paul Mellon from the editor, Kent Hollingsworth.
"This volume ... was not originally under one cover. Much of the material on the 76 great horses in this country's racing history has appeared in The Blood-Horse, the weekly magazine ..."--Foreword, p. IV.
- Subject Terms:
- Hollingsworth, Kent -- Pres. insc. to Paul Mellon, August 1974.Horse racing -- United States -- Statistics.Mellon, Paul -- Pres. insc. from Kent Hollingsworth, August 1974.Race horses -- United States.Thoroughbred horse -- United States -- Pedigrees.Thoroughbred horse -- United States.
- Photomechanical prints -- 1970.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.