Howitt, Samuel, 1765?-1822, British preserve , 1829
- British preserve / drawn & etched by S. Howitt.
- London : Published by Thomas Grifiths, 3, Wellington Street, Strand, 1829.
[London] : Thomas White, printer, Johnson's Court
- Physical Description:
- , 70,  pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 30 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsQL255 .H69 1829+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Title page is engraved.
Printer's statement from page .
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in red half morocco and marbled boards. With the bookplate of Helen E. Crosby. Autograph: H.M. Schieffelin.
- Subject Terms:
- Animals -- Great Britain.Animals -- Pictorial works.Crosby, Helen E. -- Bookplate.Game and game-birds -- Great Britain.Schieffelin, H. M. -- Autograph.White, Thomas -- Printer.Zoolgy -- Pictorial works.
- Etchings -- 1829.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.