The laws relating to horses : considered as the subject of property, sale, hire, wager, distress, heriot, or of criminal charge : and intended for practical as well as professional reference.
- London : J. & W.T. Clarke, law-booksellers and publishers, Portugal-Street, Lincoln's-Inn, 1825.
London : Luke Hansard & Sons, near Lincoln's-Inn Field
- Physical Description:
- viii, 111,  pages ; 22 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsKD667.H6 J47 1825Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Attributed to Henry Jeremy. See: Halkett.
Includes publisher's advertisements on back cover.
Halkett, S. Dictionary of anonymous and pseudonymous publications in the English language (3rd ed.), volume 3, page 245
Podeschi, J.B. Books on the horse and horsemanship, 123
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original printed boards. Autograph on front cover: J. Sowerby Esq. (not the notable naturalist). Armorial bookplate: J.J.S.
- Subject Terms:
- Horses -- Law and legislation -- Great Britain.J. & W. T. Clarke -- Publisher.Sowerby, J. -- Autograph.
- Armorial bookplates (Provenance)
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.