The hunting directory : containing a compendious view of the ancient and modern systems of the chase : the method of breeding and managing the various kinds of hounds, particularly fox hounds : their diseases, with a certain cure for the distemper : the pursuit of the fox, the hare, the stag, &c. : the nature of scent considered and elucidated : also, notices of the wolf and boar hunting of France ; together with a variety of illustrative observations / by T.B. Johnson ; author of the Shooter's Companion, &c. &c.
- London : Printed for Sherwood, Gilbert and Piper, Paternoster-Row, 1830.
- Physical Description:
- viii, , 10-312 pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSK285 .J64 1830Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Engravings by W.B. Scott, R. Parr, Andrew Duncan, J. Engleheart and T.E. Nicholson; after E. Hull, J. Ferneley, John Laporte, A. Cooper, W. Barraud, and J.W. Snow.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary red three-quarter morocco and marbled boards. Armorial bookplate : Jackson Annan Dykman, D.C.L.
- Subject Terms:
- Dykman, Jackson Annan -- Bookplate.Hounds.Hunting.
- Steel engravings -- 1830.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.