IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
L'É̈leveur, journal des chevaux, 1834-1836
L'É̈leveur, journal des chevaux.
- Additional Title(s):
Journal des chevaux et des chasses
- Paris : Rue Grance-Batelière, n. 26, Chaussée-d'Antin, 1834-1836.
- Physical Description:
- 3 v. : ill., plates (some fold.), music ; 25 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF339.5.F8 J68Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Caption title Nos. 1-2 (1834): Journal des chevaux et des chasses.
Latter portion of title "et des chasses" is dropped beginning with v. 2, no. 7 (May 1835).
Text of some of the issues is printed in two columns.
Podeschi, J.B. Books on the horse and horsemanship, A24
Publication suspended between June 1834 and Jan. 1835, due to the death of the editor--cf. Vol. 2, no. 3 (Jan. 1835) issue.
Numbering is consecutive through vols. 1-2, but begins again with v. 3, no. 1 (Jan. 1836).
Illustrated lithographs and wood engravings.
BAC: British Art Center copy complete, 22 issues bound in one volume.
- Subject Terms:
- Horses -- France -- Periodicals.Race horses -- France -- Periodicals.
- Wood engravings -- 1834-1836.
Lithographs -- 1834-1836.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.