Dia 19 de Marzo de 1808, en Aranjuez , Nov. 1, 1813
- Dia 19 de Marzo de 1808, en Aranjuez : caida y prision del Principe de la Paz.
- London : Messrs. Behrmann & Collmann, Nov. 1, 1813.
- Physical Description:
- 1 print : aquatint ; 21 x 47 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B 2011 2Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- The aquatint engraving depicts a battle scene in a square at Aranjuez, representing the seizure of Godoy, "Principe de la Paz," the favorite of King Charles IV of Spain, on March 19, 1808.
An unmounted fan leaf, printed in a semi-circular form.
Presumably created for the Spanish market.
British Museum. Department of Prints and Drawings. Catalogue of the collection of fans and fan-leaves (1893), 39
BAC: British Art Center copy is the first of five engraved fan leaves depicting the Peninsular War, housed together.
- Subject Terms:
- Aranjuez (Spain) -- Pictorial works.Godoy, Manuel de, príncipe de la Paz, 1767-1851.Peninsular War, 1807-1814 -- Pictorial works.
- Aquatints -- 1813.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.