Dia dos de Mayo de 1808, en Madrid : Mueren Daviz y Velarde defendiendo el Parque de Artilleria.
- London : Behrmann & Collmann, Dec. 15, 1813.
- Physical Description:
- 1 print : aquatint ; 25 x 49 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B 2011 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- The aquatint engraving depicts a battle scene near one of the city gates at Madrid, representing the death of Daoiz and Velarde at the guns, during an attack by Murat on May 2, 1808.
An unmounted fan leaf, printed in a semi-circular form.
Title from an engraved inscription on the reverse.
Presumably created for the Spanish market.
British Museum. Department of Prints and Drawings. Catalogue of the collection of fans and fan-leaves (1893), 40
BAC: British Art Center copy is the second of five engraved fan leaves depicting the Peninsular War, housed together.
- Subject Terms:
- Daoiz, Luis, 1767-1808.Madrid (Spain) -- History -- Pictorial works.Peninsular War, 1807-1814 -- Pictorial works.Velarde, Pedro, 1779-1808.
- Aquatints -- 1813.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.