Dia dos de Mayo de 1808, en Madrid : asesinan los franceses a los patriotas en el Prado.
- London : Behrmann & Collmann, [1813?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 print : aquatint ; 24 x 49 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B 2011 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- The aquatint engraving depicts a battle scene in the Prado at Madrid, representing the massacre by the French on May 2, 1808.
An unmounted fan leaf, printed in a semi-circular form.
Presumably created for the Spanish market, circa 1813.
British Museum. Department of Prints and Drawings. Catalogue of the collection of fans and fan-leaves (1893), 41
BAC: British Art Center copy is the third of five engraved fan leaves depicting the Peninsular War, housed together.
- Subject Terms:
- Madrid (Spain) -- History -- Pictorial works.Peninsular War, 1807-1814 -- Pictorial works.
- Aquatints -- 1813.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.