The Kikkuli text on the training of horses (ca. 1350 B.C.) / translated from the German by Gerhard F. Probst ; illustrated by Carolyn Whitesel.
- Additional Title(s):
Kikkuli text. English
- Lexington, Ky. : Keeneland Association Library, c1977.
- Physical Description:
-  folders (4, xl p.),  fold. leaves of plates : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSporting 1235Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Translation of the Hittite work known from its principal author's name as the Kikkuli text.
The translation comprises folders numbered I-X; editorial matter, a folder captioned "Notes."
Issued in portfolio.
"Printed at the King Library Press, University of Kentucky, by Sallie Ruff; designed by Carolyn Hammer. 125 numbered copies. 46."
BAC: British Art Center copy: Translated from German by Gerhard F. Probst. Reprint of B.C. manuscript [ca. 1350]. Loose leaves in marbled board folding case tied with black cord. Number 108 of 125 copies. With: Prospectus.
- Subject Terms:
- Driving of horse-drawn vehicles -- Early works to 1800.Horses -- Training -- Early works to 1800.
YCBA Collections Search
Kikkuli, fl. ca. 1350 B.C, The Kikkuli text on the training of horses (ca. 1350 B.C.) , c1977
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.