Racecourse and hunting field : the Doncaster St. Leger / by Sir Francis Hastings Doyle, and Melton in 1830 probably by Bernal Osborne ; edited with an introduction by Samuel J. Looker and with drawings in colour by Lesley Blanch.
- [London] : Constable & Co. Ltd London:, 1931.
- Physical Description:
- 58 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. (col.) ; 27 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSporting 1343Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "This edition is limited to seven hundred and fifty copies"--verso half-title.
Includes bibliographical references.
BAC: British Art Center copy: Maroon-purple cloth; gold lettering on spine, top edge gilt. Color frontispiece, color illustrations, plates. Color illustrations and plates by Lesley Blanch. Limited edition of 750 copies. Spine height: 10 1/4 inches.
- Subject Terms:
- Horse racing -- Poetry.Hunting -- Poetry.
Limitation statements (Publishing) -- Great Britain -- 20th century.
YCBA Collections Search
Doyle, Francis Hastings, Sir, 1810-1888, Racecourse and hunting field , 1931
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.