IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Lyon, W. E. (William Edgar), b. 1885, The Pegasus book,, 1931
The Pegasus book, edited by Major W. E. Lyon.
- London, Constable & Company ltd., 1931.
- Physical Description:
- 3 p. l., 211 p. incl. port. col. front., illus., col. ports. 26 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSporting 1371Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- "Books; recent sporting publications, by Denis Aldridge": p. 177-182.
Podeschi, J.B. Books on the horse and horsemanship, A42
BAC: British Art Center copy: Calico-texture blue cloth; pictorial stamping of gold pegasus on front cover, gold lettering on spine. Half-title, color frontispiece, title-page, 4 plates of color halftone-photoengravings, 1 after L. Malespina, 3 of which are after W. Smithson Broadhead, 58 halftone-photoengravings in text, 5 line-photoengravings in text. Inscribed by [W.E.] Ted Lyon. Spine height: 10 1/4 inches.
- Subject Terms:
- Fox hunting.Horse racing.Horsemanship.Horses.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.