The colonial quarter race horse : America's first breed of horses, America's native breed of running horses, the world's oldest breed of race horses, prime source of short speed / by Alexander Mackay-Smith ; with a foreword by Robert Moorman Denhardt.
- [Middleburg, Va.?] : H.K. Groves, 1983.
- Physical Description:
- xxxiii, 328 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 32 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSporting 1388Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Bibliography: p. 294-316.
BAC: British Art Center copy: Red cloth; gold lettering and lines on front cover and spine. Color illustrations, illustrations. Inscribed by the author to Paul Mellon. Number 86 of 1500 copies.
- Subject Terms:
- Quarter horse -- History.Quarter racing -- United States -- History.Race horses -- United States -- History.United States -- Social life and customs -- To 1775.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.