IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Mason, Richard, active 1808-1861?, The gentleman's new pocket companion , 1811
The gentleman's new pocket companion : comprising a general description of the noble and useful animal the horse : together with the quickest and simplest mode of fattening, necessary treatment while undergoing excessive fatigue or on a journey : the construction and management of stables : different marks for ascertaining the age of a horse, from three to nine years old : with a concise account of the diseases to which the horse is most subject, with such remedies as long experience has proven effectual / by Richard Mason, of Surry County, Virginia.
- Petersburg : Printed by John Dickson, Bollingbrook Street, 1811.
- Physical Description:
- , 4, , iv-vii, 176, , 11,  pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 18 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF951 .M37 1811Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Subscribers's names: 11 pages at end.
In the primary sequence (176 pages), rectos are paginated with even numbers, versos with odd.
Shaw, R.R. American bibliography, 23297.
Podeschi, J.B. Books on the horse and horsemanship, 98
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in black quarter calf and marbled boards. Signed in manuscript: Thos. Neilson.
- Subject Terms:
- Horses -- Diseases.Horses -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Neilson, Thos. -- Autograph.Veterinary medicine.
- Engravings -- 1811.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.