Mason, Richard, active 1808-1861?, The gentleman's new pocket companion , 1811
- The gentleman's new pocket companion : comprising a general description of the noble and useful animal the horse : together with the quickest and simplest mode of fattening, necessary treatment while undergoing excessive fatigue or on a journey : the construction and management of stables : different marks for ascertaining the age of a horse, from three to nine years old : with a concise account of the diseases to which the horse is most subject, with such remedies as long experience has proven effectual / by Richard Mason, of Surry County, Virginia.
- Petersburg : Printed by John Dickson, Bollingbrook Street, 1811.
- Physical Description:
- , 4, , iv-vii, 176, , 11,  pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 18 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF951 .M37 1811Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Subscribers's names: 11 pages at end.
In the primary sequence (176 pages), rectos are paginated with even numbers, versos with odd.
Shaw & Shoemaker, 23297.
Podeschi, J. B. Horse and horsemanship, 98
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in black quarter calf and marbled boards. Signed in manuscript: Thos. Neilson.
- Subject Terms:
- Horses -- Diseases.Horses -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Neilson, Thos. -- Autograph.Veterinary medicine.
- Engravings -- 1811.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.