Monks of New Skete, How to be your dog's best friend , c1978
- How to be your dog's best friend : a training manual for dog owners / the Monks of New Skete.
- 1st ed.
- Boston : Little, Brown, c1978.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 202 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSporting 1520Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Bibliography: p. 195-199.
How to Be Your Dog's Best Friend will tell you how to select a dog to fit your lifestyle and where to find it, how to read a pedigree, how and when to train, about the proper use of praise and discipline, how to feed and care for your dog, about dogs and protection, about dog behavior problems and how to correct them. A complete obedience course is included, and there are specific chapters on city, suburban, and country dogs. There is even a chapter on how to deal with the death of a pet.
BAC: British Art Center copy: Light green cloth; publisher's insignia blind stamped on front cover, silver lettering on spine. Black and multicolored dust jacket; white lettering on spine. Illustrations, plates. Spine height: 10 inches.
- Subject Terms:
- Dogs -- Training.Dogs Training
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.