The National Geographic book of dogs / Foreword by Melville Bell Grosvenor. Chapters by John W. Cross, Jr. ... [et al.] ; paintings by Walter A. Weber and other artists ; photos. by Walter Chandoha and others.
- 1st ed.
- Washington, National Geographic Society c1958.
- Physical Description:
- 430 p. : ill. (part col.) ; 27 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSporting 1567Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BAC: British Art Center copy: First edition. Greyish-tan quarter cloth, and light tan cloth; gold lettering on spine, grey lettering and dog head stamped on front cover. Black and pictorial dust jacket; white lettering on spine. Color illustrations, illustrations, color plates, plates. Spine height: 10 1/4 inches.
- Subject Terms:
- Chiens -- Histoire.Chiens -- Races.Dog breeds.Dogs -- History.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.