Chapters from turf history / by Newmarket.
- London : "The National Review" Office, 43, Duke Street, St. James's, S.W. 1, 1922.
- Physical Description:
- 159,  pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF335.G7 N49 1922Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Published in 1774 under title "Newmarket; or, An essay on the turf."--D.N.B., v.43, p. 410.
Reprinted from the National review.
Each plate accompanied by guard sheet with descriptive letterpress.
Includes bibliographical references.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's tan quarter cloth, and gray-blue boards, with printed title label.
- Subject Terms:
- Horse racing -- Great Britain.National Review Office -- Publisher.
- Photomechanical prints -- 1922.
- I. Prime Ministers and their race-horses
- II. A great match (Voltigeur and the Flying Dutchman)
- III. Danebury and Lord George Bentinck
- IV. The ring, the turf, and parliament (Mr. Gully, M.P.)
- V. Disraeli and the race-course
- VI. The fraud of a derby
- VII. The turf and some reflections.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.