Nimrod's Songs of the chace , 1788
- Nimrod's Songs of the chace : the best collection of hunting songs ever presented to the lovers of that delightful sport : with an animated description of a fox-chace, and a superb print of a stag-hunt, near Windsor : with exact likenesses of The King, Prince of Wales, and Duke of York : the whole compiled (with permission) from the hunting register of the Windsor Nimrod.
- London : Published by William Holland, book and printseller, no. 50, Oxford-Street, near Berner's-Street, 1788.
- Physical Description:
- , iv, , 4-103,  pages,  folded leaf of plates : illustrations ; 20 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsML1977.H8 N56 1788Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Publisher's advertisement:  page at end.
Podeschi, J. B. Horse and horsemanship, 68
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary speckled brown chemical calf; tooled in gilt on front and back covers and spine, red leather label gold lettering on spine, all edges blue-speckled. Stab holes along inner margins of leaves suggest this was originally issued in wrappers.
- Subject Terms:
- Hunting songs -- Early works to 1800.Songs, English -- Early works to 1800.
Etchings -- 1788.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.