Orchard, Vincent, The British thoroughbred , 1966
- The British thoroughbred : reproducing sixteen original paintings by the masters of horse portraiture, with detailed biographical commentaries on the horses / by Vincent Orchard.
- Alternate Title(s):
- British thoroughbred 1700-1850
- London : Ariel Press, 1966.
- Physical Description:
- 9,  p., xvi leaves,  leaves of plates : col. ill. ; 42 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2011 63Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Cover title: The British thoroughbred, 1700-1850.
Introduction by John Cadfryn-Roberts.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original gilt-stamped brown cloth.
- Plates: Flying Childers, painted by James Seymour -- Second, painted by James Seymour -- Gimcrack, painted by George Stubbs -- Eclipse, painted by George Stubbs -- Diomed, painted by John Nost Sartorius -- Dungannon, painted by John Nost Sartorius -- Eleanor, painted by Edwin Cooper -- Phantom, painted by Benjamin Marshall -- Lottery, painted by John Frederick Herring, Senr. -- Matilda, painted by John Frederick Herring, Senr. -- Mameluke, painted by Benjamin Marshall -- Riddlesworth, painted by John Ferneley, Senr. -- Touchstone, painted by John Frederick Herring, Senr. -- Plenipotentiary, painted by Abraham Cooper -- Elis, painted by Abraham Cooper -- Crucifix, painted by Harry Hall.
- Subject Terms:
- Ariel Press -- Publisher.Horses in art.Painting, British.Race horses -- Great Britain -- Biography.Race horses -- Great Britain -- History.
- Photomechanical prints -- 1966.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.