Orme's collection of British field sports : illustrated in twenty beautifully coloured engravings from designs by S. Howitt.
- Additional Title(s):
Collection of British field sports
British field sports
- Guildford [England] : C.W. Traylen, 
- Physical Description:
-  leaves, 20 leaves of plates : facsims. ; 45 x 55 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B 2011 31 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B 2011 31 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "[An] exact facsimile of the first and only edition of one of the rarest of all sporting books."--Title page verso.
With facsimiles of aquatints by J. Godby, H. Merke, W.M. Craig, J. Clark, and Vivares; after Samuel Howitt. Colored vignette on List of plates aquatinted by J. Swain; after Samuel Howitt.
Originally published, London, Orme, 1807.
BAC: British Art Center copy 1 is number 4 of 20 Deluxe Edition copies. Bound in gilt-tooled red morocco. Includes one of the original plates (no. 4), laid in at end.
BAC: British Art Center copy 2 is unbound. In lieu of the printed wrappers of the facsimile edition, the present copy includes the publisher's prospectus for this edition ( p.), which includes a reproduction of the cover title.
- Subject Terms:
- Hunting in art.Sporting prints.Sports -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works.Sports in art.
- Facsimiles (Publishing) -- Great Britain -- 20th century.
YCBA Collections Search
Howitt, Samuel, 1765?-1822, Orme's collection of British field sports , 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.