Payne, Charlie Johnson, 1884-1967, Charles Johnson Payne Snaffles , 1983
- Charles Johnson Payne Snaffles : being a selection of his hunting and racing prints / compiled by Mark Flower ; text by Donald Crawford ; research by Caroline Juler.
- Alternate Title(s):
Snaffles being a selection of his hunting and racing prints
- Wellington, New Zealand : Millwood Press, 1983.
- Physical Description:
- 224 p. (2 folded) : ill. (some col.), ports. ; 32 x 40 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2011 93Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Half-title: Snaffles.
Limited edition of 750 copies numbered and signed by the publisher. Twenty "hors de commerce" copies have been produced.
The foreword is an tipped-in leaf signed by Princess Anne.
Includes catalog of works arranged chronologically and a brief biography.
Plates are tipped in.
Title page printed in black and pink.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 109 of 750, signed by the publisher. Bound in maroon quarter calf, and maroon cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- Anne, Princess Royal, daughter of Elizabeth II, Queen of Great Britain, 1950- -- Autograph.Horse racing in art.Hunting in art.Milwood Press -- Publisher.Payne, Charlie Johnson, 1884-1967.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.