Frankland, Robert, Sir, 1784-1849, Six sketches in lithography , 
Six sketches in lithography : representing the common actions of the horse.
- London : Published June 1842 (for the proprietor) by C. Turner, 50 Warren St., Fitzroy Square, 
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : col ill. ; 53 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2011 85 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2011 85 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Printed by Day & Haghe.
Lithographed throughout, including title page.
Podeschi, J.B. Books on the horse and horsemanship, 170
Snelgrove, D. British sporting and animal prints, p.142
BAC: British Art Center has two copies. Copy 1 bound in original printed tan wrappers; with the title leaf repeated on the front cover; rebacked. Copy 2 bound in contemporary plain tan wrappers. In grey cloth folder with tie.
Lithographs, after drawings by Sir Robert Frankland, depicting horses walking, ambling, trotting, cantering, galloping, and leaping.
- Subject Terms:
- Animal locomotion.Day & Haghe -- Printer.Horses -- Paces, gaits, etc.Horses in art.Turner, C. -- Publisher.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1842.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.