Randall, J. L., (James Lowndes), 1855-1932, A history of the Meynell hounds and country, 1780-1901,, 1901
- A history of the Meynell hounds and country, 1780-1901, by J.L. Randall.
- London, S. Low, Marston and Co., 1901.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. illus., maps. 26 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSporting 1806Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Engraved t.p.; title vignettes (portraits).
Each plate accompanied by guard sheet with descriptive letterpress.
Podeschi, J.B. Books on the horse and horsemanship, 278
BAC: British Art Center copy: 2 volumes. Rib-grain red cloth; stamped in gilt on the spines, blind stamped on front and back covers and spines, top edges gilt, untrimmed. Volumes I and II have half-titles, frontispieces, and title-pages. Volume I: 25 plates of heliogravure etchings, 4 plates of photolithographs (maps), 1 heliogravure etching on title-page. Volume II: 19 plates of heliogravure etchings, 1 plate of a photolithograph (map), 1 heliogravure etching on title-page. Each of the photographically etched plates in both volumes is covered by a tissue guard-sheet with the title of the illustration. Spine height: 10 3/8 inches.
- Subject Terms:
- Fox hunting.Meynell hounds.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.