Observations on breeding for the turf, : containing also remarks on the comparative excellence of the English race horse of the present day and former times: with an account of the foreign stallions and mares imported into England, and the performances of their produce on the turf, &c. &c. / By Nics. Hanckey Smith.
- London: : Published by G. Whittaker, Ave Maria Lane; Kingsbury, Parbury, and Allen, Leadenhall Street; Sherwood, Jones, and Co. Paternoster Row; and R. Rogers, Newmarket., 1825..
- Physical Description:
- vii, , 303,  p. (last is blank) ; 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSporting 2018Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "Printed by C. Richards, 100, St. Martin's Lane, Charing Cross"--T.p. verso.
Bound in brown paper boards with printed paper spine label.
"Price 12 s. b[ds]" printed on spine label.
Huth, F.H. Works on horses and equitation, 103
British Museum. General catalogue of printed books, 224, col. 620
Podeschi, J.B. Books on the horse and horsemanship, 127
BAC: British Art Center copy: Black half morocco, and dark purple pebble-grain cloth covers; tooled in gilt on spine, title on spine: The Racehorse, blind stamped on the leather corners of the covers. The cloth covers of this binding may be of original issue. Title-page. Spine height: 8 5/8 inches.
- Subject Terms:
- Horses -- Breeding -- England.Race horses -- Breeding.Race horses -- Pedigrees.
YCBA Collections Search
Smith, Nicholas Hanckey, Observations on breeding for the turf, , 1825.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.