IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Somerville, E. Œ. (Edith Œnone), 1858-1949, Some Irish yesterdays , 1910
Some Irish yesterdays / by E. Œ. Somerville and Martin Ross [pseud.] ... illustrated by E. Œ. Somerville.
- 4th impression.
- London ; Longmans, Green and co., 1910.
New York [etc.] : Longmans, Green and co., 1910.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 249,  p. : front., ill., 23 pl. ; 20 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSporting 2047Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Reprinted from various periodicals.
BAC: British Art Center copy: Duodecimo. Fourth impression. Red cloth; blind stamped design and title on front cover, gold lettering on spine. Frontispiece, plates. Illustrations by E. OE. Somerville. Signed "Edith OE. Somerville July 7, 1910" at first blankleaf. Inscribed and signed again at half-title "To Mrs. Hitchcock from EOE. Somerville with much gratitude for delightful Aiken Todays March 1929." "Slipper's ABC of Foxhunting." Spine height: 7 3/4 inches.
- Subject Terms:
- Ireland -- Social life and customs.
- An outpost of Ireland.--Picnics.--Boon companions.--The biography of a pump.--Hunting mahatmas.--A Patrick's day hunt.--Alsatia.--"In sickness and in health."--Horticultural.--Out of hand.--A record of holiday.--Lost, stolen, or strayed.--Children of the captivity.--Slipper's abc of fox hunting.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.