Montpelier : the recollections of Marion duPont Scott / as told to Gerald Strine.
- New York : Charles Scribner's Sons, c1976.
- Physical Description:
- 219 p. : ill. ; 28 x 36 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2011 84Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BAC: British Art Center copy bound is no. 144 of 500 of the de-luxe edition. Bound in publisher's original brown leather; in original clam-shell box.
Biography of Marion du Pont Scott.
- Subject Terms:
- Horsemen and horsewomen -- Virginia -- Orange Co. -- Biography.Montpelier Station (Va.) -- History.Scott, Marion du Pont, 1894-1983.
- 1. Jump across the ocean
- 2. Fun in 'Coney Island'
- 3. Growing up with Grisette
- 4. Trouble at the seventeenth
- 5. Breeding: the ins and outs
- 6. One man on four horses
- 7. Moving up with Downie
- 8. How to train a mystic
- 9. 'The complete Christian'
- 10. Aintree's chestnut ears
- A half-century of achievements.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.