The Manchester Art Treasures Exhibition of 1857 : entrepreneurs, connoisseurs and the public / Elizabeth A. Pergam.
- Additional Title(s):
Entrepreneurs, connoisseurs and the public
- Surrey, UK, England ; Ashgate, 2011.
Burlington, VT : Ashgate, 2011.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 368 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 25 cm.
- Reference LibraryN5056.M35 P47 2011 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -344) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Art and society -- England -- Manchester -- History -- 19th century.Art Treasures Exhibition (1857 : Manchester, England)
- Introduction. The first blockbuster
- Art and commerce in Manchester at mid-century
- "What to see and where to see it"
- Guiding and recording : from pamphlets to photography
- Practicing art history
- Profiting through art.