The pictorial gallery of English race horses ; containing portraits of all the winners of the Derby, Oaks and St. Leger Stakes, during the last twenty years ; and a history of the principal operations of the turf / by George Tattersall ; illustrated wuth ninety engravings, chiefly on steel, after paintings by Cooper, Harris, Hancock, Alken, Hall, and others.
- London : Henry G. Bohn, 1850.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 336 [i.e. 386] p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSporting 2209Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC: British Art Center copy: Red three quarter morocco, and red cloth covers; gold lettering and tooling on spine, top edge gilt. 90 steel engravings, including frontispiece.
- Subject Terms:
- Horse racing -- Great Britain.Horses -- Pedigrees.Race horses.
YCBA Collections Search
Tattersall, George, 1817-1849, The pictorial gallery of English race horses ;, 1850
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.