The Arabian horse, his country and people : with portraits of typical or famous Arabians and other illustrations : also a map of the country of the Arabian horse, and a descriptive glossary of Arabic words and proper names / by Major-General W. Tweedie, C.S.I., for many years H.B.M.'s Consul-General, Baghdad, and political resident for the government of India in Turkish Arabia.
- [Edinburgh] ; William Blackwood and Sons, Edinburgh and London, MDCCCXCIV 
[London] : William Blackwood and Sons, Edinburgh and London, MDCCCXCIV 
- Physical Description:
- xix, , 411,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill., map (folded) ; 32 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF293.A8 T84 1894+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Color map entitled "Map of the country of the Arabian horse", 1894, folded and inserted into a pocket on the rear pastedown.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
British Museum. General catalogue of printed books, 242, col. 804
Podeschi, J.B. Books on the horse and horsemanship, 258
Corrigenda, p.  after xix.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original gilt-stamped green cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- Arabian horse -- Breeding.Arabian horse.Arabic language -- Lexicology.William Blackwood and Sons, publisher.
- Maps -- 19th century.
Photomechanical prints -- 1894.
- Book first. Country of the Arabian
- Book second. The breeders of the Arabian
- Book third. A general view of the Arabian
- Book fourth. The Arabian at home