Vernet's horses : containing a selection of forty interesting subjects from the works of this eminent French artist / in lithography by E. Purcell.
- London : Published by Thomas M'Lean, 1822.
- Physical Description:
-  p., 40 leaves of plates : ill. ; 25 x 36 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2011 94Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Cover title, on publisher's printed label: "Vernet's Horses, forty plates. Price £3."
Lithographs by Edward Purcell; after Carle Vernet.
Eighteen of the plates have lithographic titles.
Podeschi, J.B. Books on the horse and horsemanship, 117
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary dark blue half roan and gray boards, with publisher's printed title label on front cover.
- Subject Terms:
- Horses in art.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1822.M'Lean, Thomas -- Publisher.Vernet, Carle, 1758-1836.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.