IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
The American turf , MDCCCXCVIII. 
The American turf : an historical account of racing in the United States, with biographical sketches of turf celebrities.
- [New York] : The Historical Company New York, MDCCCXCVIII. 
- Physical Description:
- , 7-482,  p. (last is blank) : ill., ports. ; 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSporting 2449Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Preface signed: Lyman Horace Weeks.
"Nicoll & Roy Company Printers, New York"--T.p. verso.
Text printed in double columns.
Bound in green cloth with green morocco spine; gilt-stamped spine title and spine panels; all edges gilt.
Buckley, A.K. The Keenland Association Library, 164
National union catalog, pre-1956 imprints, 653, p. 215
BAC: British Art Center copy: Brownish-orange morocco, rebound; brown leather label with gold lettering on spine. Illustrations. Spine height: 12 inches.
- Subject Terms:
- Horse breeders -- United States.Horse racing -- History -- United States.Horsemen and horsewomen -- United States.Jockeys -- United States.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.