The classical riding master , 1979 c1978
- The classical riding master : the Wilton House collection / commentary by Dorian Williams.
- London : Eyre Methuen, 1979 c1978.
- Physical Description:
-  p. : ill. (some col.) ; 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSporting 2462Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Pictures are based on those in Description du manège moderne by Baron Reis dʼEisenberg, who wrote the text and drew the illustrations, which were engraved by B. Picart.
BAC: British Art Center copy: The Wilton House Collection. Dark brown board covers; gold decoration of man on horseback on front cover, gold lettering on spine. Multicolored dust jacket; brown and black lettering on orange spine. Color plates. Reproductions fron "Description du Manége Moderne." Dimensions: 8 1/8 x 8 1/2 inches.
- Subject Terms:
- Haute école (Horsemanship) -- Pictorial works.Horsemanship in art.Wilton House (England)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.