IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Youatt, William, 1776-1847, The horse , 1847
The horse / by William Youatt ; together with a general history of the horse ; a dissertation on the American trotting horse, how trained and jockeyed, an account of his remarkable performances ; and an essay on the ass and the mule, by J.S. Skinner, Assistant Post Master General, and editor of the Turf Register.
- A new edition, with numerous illustrations
- Philadelphia : Lea and Blanchard, for G.W. Gorton, 1847.
- Physical Description:
- 448 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF285.Y68 H67 1847Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- With a lithographed frontispiece drawn on stone by Augustus Kollner, after J.F. Herring; printed by Thomas Sinclair. Also with 58 wood engravings within the text.
With a large wood-engraved vignette on the title page.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary dark brown half morocco with marbled boards. Inscribed: Robert Perkins, Owls nest.
- Subject Terms:
- Asses and mules.Gorton, G. W. -- Publisher.Horses -- Diseases.Horses -- Training.Horses.Perkins, Robert -- Autograph.
- Lithographs -- 1847.
Wood engravings -- 1847.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.