Moore, Lisa L. (Lisa Lynne), Sister arts , c2011
Sister arts : the erotics of lesbian landscapes / Lisa L. Moore.
- Additional Title(s):
Erotics of lesbian landscapes
- Minneapolis : University of Minnesota Press, c2011.
- Physical Description:
- xi, 243 p., 16 p. of plates. : ill. (some col.), maps ; 26 cm.
- Reference LibraryNX650.H6 M66 2011 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Non-Yale users must make an appointment to use the Reference Library. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Arts, Modern -- 18th century -- Themes, motives.Lesbianism in art.LGBTQ resource.Nature (Aesthetics)
- Introduction: Lesbian genres and eighteenth-century landscapes
- Queer gardens: Mary Delany's flowers and friendships
- A connoisseur in friendship: the Duchess of Portland's collections and communities
- The voice of friendship, torn from the scene: Anna Seward's landscapes of lesbian melancholy
- The landscape which she drew: Sarah Pierce and the lesbian georgic
- Conclusion: The persistence of lesbian genres: a circuit garden.