New South Wales : supplement to the work of Foreign field sports.
- Additional Title(s):
Field sports, &c. &c. of the native inhabitants of New South Wales
- London : Published by Edward Orme. Printed by J.F. Dove, 1814.
- Physical Description:
-  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSK261 .C53 1814+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Depictions and descriptions of aboriginal Australians, mostly in hunting and fishing scenes.
Title on letter-press title page: Field sports, &c. &c. of the native inhabitants of New South Wales ; with ten plates, by the author ... London : Published and sold by Edward Orme ... 1813.
Dedication signed John Heaviside Clark.
Aquatint engravings by Matthew Dubourg; after John Heaviside Clark.
BAC: British Art Center copy in original printed wrappers. Bookplate: The Joel Spitz Collection. No. 31. Autograph: Earl of Essex.
- Subject Terms:
- Aboriginal Australians -- Food.Aboriginal Australians -- Hunting.Aboriginal Australians -- Pictorial works.Aboriginal Australians -- Social life and customs.Dove, J. F. -- Printer.Essex, Arthur Algernon Capel, Earl of, 1803-1892 -- Autograph.Hunting -- Australia.Joel Spitz Collection -- Bookplate.Orme, Edward -- Publisher.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1814.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.