"The stage's glory" , c2011
"The stage's glory" : John Rich, 1692-1761 / edited by Berta Joncus and Jeremy Barlow.
- Newark : University of Delaware Press ; c2011.
Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield, c2011.
- Physical Description:
- 290 p. : ill. ; 29 cm.
- Reference LibraryPN2598.R4575 S73 2011 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Actors -- Great Britain -- Biography.Rich, John, 1692-1761.Theater -- Production and direction -- England -- London -- History -- 18th century.Theaters -- England -- London -- History -- 18th century.Theatrical managers -- Great Britain -- Biography.Theatrical producers and directors -- Great Britain -- Biography.
- Introduction / Berta Joncus and Jeremy Barlow
- Management. John Rich as manager and entrepreneur / Robert D. Hume
- The finances of an eighteenth-century theatre : the Lincoln's Inn Fields Company under John Rich in 1724-1725 / Judith Milhous
- What the prompter saw : the diary of Rich's prompter, John Stede / David Hunter
- John Rich, theatrical regulation, and the dilemma of the commercial stage / Matthew J. Kinservik
- Dance theatre. John Rich, French dancing, and English pantomimes / Moira Goff
- Harlequin choreographies : repetition, difference, and representation / Linda J. Tomko
- Pierrot strikes back : Francois Nivelon at Lincoln's Inn Fields and Covent Garden, 1723-1738 / Jennifer Thorp
- Musical theatre. Good for the Garden : the composition of Handel's Ariodante / Donald Burrows
- "Heathen gods and heroes" : singers and John Rich's pantomimes at Lincoln's Inn Fields / Olive Baldwin and Thelma Wilson
- The Beggar's opera in London's theatres, 1728-1761 / Jeremy Barlow
- Beyond The Beggar's opera : John Rich and English ballad opera, 1728-1736 / Berta Joncus and Vanessa L. Rogers
- Dramatic theatre. The impact of the Shakespeare Ladies Club on John Rich's repertory in the 1737-738 theatrical season : Shakespeare versus pantomme? / Fiona Ritchie
- The nation in breeches : actress Margaret Woffington / Felicity Nussbaum
- Scenography and iconography. Scenographies behind the scenes : mapping, classifying, and interpreting John Rich's 1744 inventory of Covent Garden / Ana Martinez
- Harlequin Newton: John Rich's Necromancer and the public ccience of the 1720s / Al Coppola
- Hogarth and Rich : gesture and expression in The beggar's opera / Robin Simon
- Picturing Rich / Marcus Risdell.