"The stage's glory" , c2011
"The stage's glory" : John Rich, 1692-1761 / edited by Berta Joncus and Jeremy Barlow.
- Newark : University of Delaware Press ; c2011.
Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield, c2011.
- Physical Description:
- 290 p. : ill. ; 29 cm.
- Reference LibraryPN2598.R4575 S73 2011 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Actors -- Great Britain -- Biography.Rich, John, 1682?-1761.Theater -- Production and direction -- England -- London -- History -- 18th century.Theaters -- England -- London -- History -- 18th century.Theatrical managers -- Great Britain -- Biography.Theatrical producers and directors -- Great Britain -- Biography.
- Introduction / Berta Joncus and Jeremy Barlow
- Management. John Rich as manager and entrepreneur / Robert D. Hume
- The finances of an eighteenth-century theatre : the Lincoln's Inn Fields Company under John Rich in 1724-1725 / Judith Milhous
- What the prompter saw : the diary of Rich's prompter, John Stede / David Hunter
- John Rich, theatrical regulation, and the dilemma of the commercial stage / Matthew J. Kinservik
- Dance theatre. John Rich, French dancing, and English pantomimes / Moira Goff
- Harlequin choreographies : repetition, difference, and representation / Linda J. Tomko
- Pierrot strikes back : Francois Nivelon at Lincoln's Inn Fields and Covent Garden, 1723-1738 / Jennifer Thorp
- Musical theatre. Good for the Garden : the composition of Handel's Ariodante / Donald Burrows
- "Heathen gods and heroes" : singers and John Rich's pantomimes at Lincoln's Inn Fields / Olive Baldwin and Thelma Wilson
- The Beggar's opera in London's theatres, 1728-1761 / Jeremy Barlow
- Beyond The Beggar's opera : John Rich and English ballad opera, 1728-1736 / Berta Joncus and Vanessa L. Rogers
- Dramatic theatre. The impact of the Shakespeare Ladies Club on John Rich's repertory in the 1737-738 theatrical season : Shakespeare versus pantomme? / Fiona Ritchie
- The nation in breeches : actress Margaret Woffington / Felicity Nussbaum
- Scenography and iconography. Scenographies behind the scenes : mapping, classifying, and interpreting John Rich's 1744 inventory of Covent Garden / Ana Martinez
- Harlequin Newton: John Rich's Necromancer and the public ccience of the 1720s / Al Coppola
- Hogarth and Rich : gesture and expression in The beggar's opera / Robin Simon
- Picturing Rich / Marcus Risdell.