Rademaker, Abraham, 1675-1735, Fifty of the pleasantest landscape views in Holland , [ca. 1745?]
Fifty of the pleasantest landscape views in Holland / from the designs of the celebrated Rademaker.
- Additional Title(s):
Six views in Holland
- [London] : Printed for & sold by D. Voisin, print seller in Middle Row, Holborn, London, [ca. 1745?]
- Physical Description:
- 16 pt. : all ill. ; 13 x 16 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDG424 .V46 1762Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Description based on the British Art Center copy (incomplete).
Apparently published in two series of eight parts, with each part containing six views. The first view of each part has caption title: Six views in Holland.
Some of the engravings are signed by John June.
Engraved throughout, including title page.
BAC: British Art Center copy incomplete; comprises numbers 1-3, 6-9, 13, and 15. Lacks title page. Bound with: A collection of some of the finest prospects in Italy (1762); and [Books of ruins] (1749).
- Subject Terms:
- Church buildings -- Netherlands -- Pictorial works -- Early works to 1800.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1745.Landscapes -- Netherlands -- Pictorial works.Netherlands -- Pictorial works -- Early works to 1800.Voisin, D. -- Publisher.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.