[Book of ruins].
- [London] : Publish'd ... Jan. the 1, 1749. Printed for D. Voisin, & sold at the print shop in Middle Row, Holborn, [ca. 1745?]
- Physical Description:
- 6 prints : etchings ; plate mark 11 x 15 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDG424 .V46 1762Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- The present work lacks a printed title. The British Museum records another work by Sandby and Voisin, in 1750, with engraved title: A new book of ruins.
The first plate is unsigned. Plates 2-5 are signed "P. Sandby"; plate 6 is signed "Mar. [i.e. Marco] Ricci inv., P. Sandby sc."
Engraved throughout, including title page.
"Price 6d."--Title page.
BAC: British Art Center bound with: A collection of some of the finest prospects in Italy (1762); and Fifty of the pleasantest landscape views in Holland (1745?).
Six engraved views of Italian ruins.
- Subject Terms:
- Engraving -- Specimens -- 1749.Italy -- Pictorial works -- Early works to 1800.Landscapes -- Italy -- Pictorial works -- Early works to 1800.Ruins in art.Voisin, D. -- Publisher.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.