Pop art and vernacular cultures , c2007
Pop art and vernacular cultures / edited by Kobena Mercer.
- Cambridge, Mass. : MIT Press ; c2007.
London : Iniva, Institute of International Visual Arts, c2007.
- Physical Description:
- 232 p. : ill. (chiefly col.) ; 24 cm.
- Reference LibraryNX456.5 P6 P65 2007 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Related Content:
- Table of contents only
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 222-226).
- Subject Terms:
- Arts, Modern -- 20th century.Pop art.
- Introduction / Kobena Mercer
- Stop that acting: performance and authenticity in Shirley Clarke's portrait of Jason / Gavin Butt
- Chicano/a critical practices: reflections on Tomás Ybarra-Frausto's concept of Rasquachismo / Holly Barnet-Sanchez
- Pop as a crisis in the public sphere / Sônia Salzstein
- The uncommon universe of Bhuphen Khakhar / Geeta Kapur
- Tropes of the grotesque in the black avant-garde / Kobena Mercer
- Off the wall: Mr Peanut and other mod cons / Colin Richards
- 75% red, 20% Black and 5% white : pop aesthetics in post-revolutionary China / Martina Köppel-Yang.