[Carriage and harness manufacturer's pattern book].
- [England?] : [s.n.] , [179-?]
- Physical Description:
-  folded leaves of plates : all ill. ; 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsIn Process TS2035 .C38 1790+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Title supplied by cataloger.
Several items engraved on each sheet with numbers running from 500-742, other sheets contain items with lower numbers or letters.
Snelgrove, D. British sporting and animal prints, 43
Pattern book for horse and carriage equipment, harnesses, buckles and embellishments for horses and carriage fittings.
- Subject Terms:
- Carriages and carts -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Carriages and carts -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.Coaching (Transportation) -- Early works to 1800.Driving of horse-drawn vehicles -- Equipment and supplies.Hardware -- Catalogs -- Early works to 1800.Harnesses -- Catalogs -- Early works to 1800.Horsemanship -- Equipment and supplies -- Catalogs -- Early works to 1800.Horses -- Equipment and supplies.Pattern books -- Early works to 1800.Saddlery -- Catalogs -- Early works to 1800.Transportation -- Great Britain -- 18th century.
- Pattern books.
Wood engravings -- 179-?.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.