Edwards, Lionel, 1878-1966, [Color plates from My hunting sketch book, volume two], [1930?]
[Color plates from My hunting sketch book, volume two] [graphic].
- [London] : [Printed and published by Eyre & Spottiswood, Ltd.], [1930?]
- Physical Description:
-  prints : photomechanical ; 13 x 18 cm, on sheets 32 x 25 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSK285.E39 M9 1930+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- The reverse side of each print bears a printed label, with title and imprint.
BAC: British Art Center copy unbound. All 12 prints are signed by the artist in graphite.
Comprises the 12 color halftone-photoengravings of hunting scenes by Lionel Edwards. The 12 prints were also published as part of Lionel Edwards's My hunting sketch book, volume two (London and New York, 1930).
- Subject Terms:
- Eyre & Spottiswood -- Publisher.Fox hunting -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works.Horses -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works.Hunting -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works.
- Photomechanical prints -- 1930.
- The Pytchley. The R101
- The Buccleuch. The hunting gate
- The South Notts. Stopping hounds
- The Meath. At Tara
- The South Devon. Eagle Rock
- In "Beaufortshire" Whitewell Woods
- The Bedale. Marriforth Whin
- "Discipline" stopping the "Tufters" off a hind, The D. & S. Cloutsham
- Unemployed. Hunters at exercise in the snow
- The Portman. Okeford Hill
- The Hursley. Snow on the Downs
- The Brothers Johnson.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.