Great Britain. Parliament, An Act for better preservation of the game, within that part of Great Britain called England, 1770
- An Act for better preservation of the game, within that part of Great Britain called England.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Public General Acts. 1770. 10 Geo.III.c.19
- London : Printed by Charles Eyre and William Strahan, 1770.
- Physical Description:
- , 347-350 p. ; 31 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSK505 .G74 1707+Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Issued separately with a general titlepage, and also as part of: Anno Regni Georgii III. Regis Magnae Britanniae Franciae, & Hiberniae, decimo. At the Parliament begun ... the tenth day of May, anno Domini 1768, ... And from thence continued by several prorogations to the ninth day of January, 1770; being the third session of the thirteenth Parliament of Great Britain.
Imprint from general titlepage.
At head of drop-head title: Anno decimo Georgii III. Regis. Cap. XIX.
Last word of first line of text: "late"; first word of line below initial: "Majesty,"; last word of last full line of text: "Courts."
Signed on first leaf of text: 4S; press fig. 2 on p. 347
Text in black letter.
BAC: British Art Center has two copies, nos.  and  of 16 parliamentary acts on game laws, bound together. In a later binding. Both copies lack the general title page. No.  also lacks p. 349-350. No.  has a variant setting of type; with contemporary annotations in pen and ink.
- Subject Terms:
- Game and game-birds -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.Game laws -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.Game protection -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.