IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Alken, Henry Thomas, 1784-1851, Four subjects of horses , 1824
Four subjects of horses / drawn by Alken and engraved by Sutherland.
- London : Published by G.S. Tregear, 1824.
- Physical Description:
-  plates : chiefly ill ; 36 x 53 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2011 30Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Soft-ground etchings by Thomas Sutherland, after Henry Thomas Alken.
"Price one guinea."--Cover.
Snelgrove, D. British sporting and animal prints, p. 29, no. 75
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original printed tan.
- Subject Terms:
- Domestic animals -- Pictorial works.Horses -- Pictorial works.Livestock -- Pictorial works.Tregear, G.S. -- Publisher.
- Soft-ground etchings -- Hand-colored -- 1824.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.