St Kilda revisited / Norman Ackroyd.
- Yorkshire : Norman Ackroyd, 2010.
- Physical Description:
-  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. (aquatints), map ; 29 x 38 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2011 33Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Jason Bacon, Yale BA 1956View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "'Leaving St. Kilda', by Robin Robertson, is taken from his fourth collection, The wrecking light (Picador, 2010)."--Colophon.
Plates placed inside an illustrated paper folder bearing a quote from Scotichronicon, by John of Fordun (ca. 1360).
"The ten etchings are published in edition of 90 with 2 exhibition proofs and 2 printers' proofs. Numbers 1-50 and the proofs are collated into box sets ... The etchings are printed by Neil Woodall in Yorkshire from copper plates etched by the artist. The paper is 280gsm Somerset rag from St. Cuthberg's Mill, Somerset, England. The solander box is printed by Smith-Settle in Yorkshire. Typography and letterpress by Niamh Clancy."--Colophon.
Accompanied by an etched map of Saint Kilda, mounted on the inside cover of the publisher's solander box. The map notes the locations of the 10 scenes etched in the present set.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 8 of of 90. Signed by Norman Ackroyd.
A boxed set of 10 etchings by Norman Ackroyd, with scenes of the Saint Kilda archipelago.
- Subject Terms:
- Brook Gallery -- Exhibitions.Islands -- Scotland -- In art.Landscapes -- Scotland -- Pictorial works.Saint Kilda (Scotland) -- In art.Scottish poetry.Western Isles (Scotland) -- In art.Woodall, Neil -- Printer.
- Livres d'artistes.
Aquatints -- 2011.
- Village Bay
- The Gap
- The Cliffs of Conachair-Mina Stac
- Gleann Mòr
- Stac Biorach and Soay Stac
- Soay and the Cambir
- Oiseval from Dun
- Boreray and the Stacs
- Evening at Stacs an Armin
- Leaving St Kilda
- [Map of St. Kilda].
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.