Assault of Sevastopol : two topographical & panoramic sketches, representing the advanced lines of attack, and the Russian defences, in front of Sevastopol : with a description and remarks / the sketches by Captain M.A. Biddulph.
- London : Chapman & Hall, 
- Physical Description:
- 3 pt. : ill. ; 34 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDK215.5.G7 B53 1855+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Title to parts 2 and 3 varies: Topographical sketches of the ground before Sevastopol : accompanied by an explanatory description.
Imprints vary. Part 2: "Woolwich : Printed at the Royal Artillery Institution." Part 3: "London : Edward Stanford."
Date of publication from British Library.
Includes 5 folded lithographic panoramas. Plates printed by Day & Son (pt. 1) and Hullmandel & Walton (pts. 2 and 3).
Printed by Bradbury and Evans, Whitefriars.
BM (compact ed.), v. 3, 164
BAC: British Art Center copy in original printed wrappers (3 parts).
- Subject Terms:
- Chapman & Hall -- Publisher.Crimean War, 1853-1856 -- Campaigns & battles -- Ukraine -- Sevastopolʹ.Crimean War, 1853-1856 -- Campaigns.Day & Son -- Printer.Hullmandel & Walton -- Printer.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1855.Panoramas.Royal Artillery Institution -- Publisher.Sevastopolʹ (Ukraine) -- History -- Siege, 1854-1855 -- Pictorial works.Stanford, Edward -- Publisher.
- Contents of the plates: Sketch shewing the advanced parallels in front of the Green Hill or left attack batteries
- Sketch looking down the ravine which divides the right and left attacks
- Sketch from the second parallel of the right attack, on the Crown Battery Ridge
- Sketch looking down the middle ravine towards Sevastopol
- Sketch looking down Careening Bay Ravine.