IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
G.W. Bacon & Co, Bacon's large print map of London and suburbs, [ca. 1910?]
Bacon's large print map of London and suburbs [cartographic material].
- Additional Title(s):
Large print map of London and suburbs
Bacon's large-print map of London and suburbs with guide.
Large-print map of London and suburbs with guide
Strangers' guide to London.
- [London] : G.W. Bacon & Co., [ca. 1910?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 map : col. ; 69.2 x 86 cm, folded in cover 19 x 12 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsG5754.L7 B37 1910aYale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale [ca. 1:26,500] -- (W 0°19ʹ30ʺ--E 0°0ʹ58ʺ/N 51°34ʹ48ʺ--N 51°24ʹ47ʺ).
- Map of the London metropolitan area, showing tram and bus routes, railways, public buildings, and boundaries of counties.
Cover title, on publisher's cloth folder: Bacon's large-print map of London and suburbs with guide.
The map is undated. The Edgware branch of the Northern Line (London Underground) includes Golders Green station (opened 1907) but not Brent Cross station (opened 1923). The map also depicts the grounds of the Franco-British Exhibition, which were erected in 1908.
Accompanied by text and index: Strangers' guide to London (62 p.).
Includes key to railway abbreviations.
Another version of the present map includes demarcation of postal districts (not present here).
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original red cloth folder. With booklet, Strangers' guide to London (62 p.).
- Subject Terms:
- London (England) -- Guidebooks.London (England) -- Maps.London Metropolitan Area (England) -- Maps.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.