G.W. Bacon & Co, Bacon's large print map of London and suburbs, [ca. 1910?]
- Bacon's large print map of London and suburbs [cartographic material].
- Alternate Title(s):
- Large print map of London and suburbs
Bacon's large-print map of London and suburbs with guide.
Large-print map of London and suburbs with guide
Strangers' guide to London.
- [London] : G.W. Bacon & Co., [ca. 1910?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 map : col. ; 69.2 x 85.6 cm, folded in cover 19 x 12 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsG5754.L7 B37 1910aYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale [ca. 1:26,500] -- (W 0°19ʹ30ʺ--E 0°0ʹ58ʺ/N 51°34ʹ48ʺ--N 51°24ʹ47ʺ).
- Map of the London metropolitan area, showing tram and bus routes, railways, public buildings, and boundaries of counties.
Cover title, on publisher's cloth folder: Bacon's large-print map of London and suburbs with guide.
The map is undated. The Edgware branch of the Northern Line (London Underground) includes Golders Green station (opened 1907) but not Brent Cross station (opened 1923). The map also depicts the grounds of the Franco-British Exhibition, which were erected in 1908.
Accompanied by text and index: Strangers' guide to London (62 p.).
Includes key to railway abbreviations.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original red cloth folder. With booklet, Strangers' guide to London (62 p.). Another version of the present map, cataloged seprately (G5754.L7 B37 1910), includes the demarcation of postal districts (not present here) and has varying advertisements in the booklet.
- Subject Terms:
- G.W. Bacon & Co. -- Publisher.London (England) -- Guidebooks.London (England) -- Maps.London Metropolitan Area (England) -- Maps.
- Maps -- England -- London -- 1910.
Chromolithographs -- 1910.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.